E-mail comments/suggestions/funny stories to the7dayweekendguys@gmail.com

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring Is In The Air


Up in Boston, there's still snow on the ground and a chill in the air, but down in Fort Myers, Florida, it's nothing but sunny skies above the fresh cut grass and newly raked clay.

Pitchers and catchers have reported into Spring Training and are scheduled to being their workouts. The rest of the revamped Red Sox squad is due in February 22nd, with workouts beginning the 24th. Some players, namely Kevin Youkilis are ahead of the game, having arrived in Fort Myers roughly two weeks ago in preparation.

Jonathan Papelbon is another player who has started workouts early. After a dismal '09 season, Pap is looking to step up in the upcoming season. During his spring workouts, Cinco-Ocho has been watching films of basically his failures from last season, mostly his absolutely terrible performance in Game 5 of the ALDS against the Angels.

"I totally used the way last season ended for motivation. I've got it on tape, and I watched it 100 times in my weight room. I used it as motivation whenever I was feeling tired and weak in the weight room. I'd pop it on and say, 'There's still work to be done,'" said the Sox closer.

All in all, I'd say this season is going to be pretty interesting, and I'm pumped to see how everyone performs in the spring. First exhibition match-up. BC and Northeastern, March 3rd.

Go Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment