E-mail comments/suggestions/funny stories to the7dayweekendguys@gmail.com

Thursday, February 4, 2010

How Did I Just Find Out About This....

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you 'Axe Cop.' While this looks like the work of any experienced comic, it is actually far from it. These stories are produced by a family business. And that family happens to be made up of a 5-year old and his 29-year old brother.

If you can find me a more entertaining comic book, bring it to me immediately. I've never been big into comics, but look at the lineup for this first episode and tell me what there's not to like: axes, cops, flutes, dinosaurs, dinosaur heads, and ultimately the unstoppable duo of Axe Cop and Dinosaur Soldier. I bet at this point you're wondering what roles the two brothers have in this. Well, Malachai (the 5-year old) is the writer and creator of the episodes. Maybe his spelling is cleaned up a little, but that dialogue comes straight from the little guy's noggin. His brother Ethan does all the drawing, and together, this powerhouse duo makes Michaelangelo look like a chump.

There are a few more episode up on their site, so I'll definitely be writing about this more. And for those of you who can't read the episode at the top, here's a bigger image.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jon,
    Did I not tell you this may or may not be the best thing ever? "Great you're on the team. Now we have to go kill a gang of dinosaurs." Classic. Episode 3 and 4 are good too.

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete