E-mail comments/suggestions/funny stories to the7dayweekendguys@gmail.com

Monday, June 28, 2010

Baby Names - What the f...


So my friend and I are driving back to his house to play some NHL 09, your typical Sunday night. We somehow got on the topic of baby names, an infuriating subject for me. So we're talking about how a guy that he works with was talking to another fellow co-worker who works at one of the local hospitals. She was telling him about a baby name she just saw: La-a.

No, that's not a typo. The baby's name was La-a, pronounced "Ladasha." Are you kidding me? Are people just trying to be funny? Sure, its original, if by original you mean fucking stupid. Stop putting symbols in your child's name, and stop using random nouns, too. Here's a list of ridiculous baby names that make me want to hurt things.

Kal-El Coppola - Nic Cage...Figures...
Moxie CrimeFighter - Penn Jillette. As a doctor, no, as a mother, nay... As a human being...How do you allow that to happen?
Blue Angel - The Edge and Aislinn O'Sullivan
Jazz Domino - Joe Strummer
Liberty - Ryan Giggs. I heart Ryan Giggs, great name, bud.
Apple - Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow. I think Gwyneth is awesome, and for a guy who can think up like 100 songs worth of lyrics, he can't think of something other than a food for a name?!
Heaven - Lil' Mo. How fucking conceited can you be.
Moon Unit, Dweezil, Diva Muffin - Frank Zappa. I'm done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment