E-mail comments/suggestions/funny stories to the7dayweekendguys@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Math: 128 > 45


NASCAR standout Kyle Busch was pulled over in Troutman, North Carolina on Tuesday for careless and wreckless driving.

Busch was going 128 miles per hour in a 45mph zone.

"Today I received a traffic citation in Iredell County. I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away. I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment. I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again. I thank the Iredell County Sheriff's Department and all law enforcement for the hard work they do every day to protect the public and to enforce the laws in a fair and equitable manner."


First of all, what an apology. Athletes are some of the biggest role models to kids lives these days, and constantly get in trouble for things so much worse than driving over the speed limit. Busch apologizes to not only the public and the fans, but to his sponsors and race teams, and guarantees that something like this will never happen again.

Every athlete needs to take a page out of Busch's book right now. Derek Lowe and Miguel Cabrera with drunk driving, every NFL player having a gun, and any other athlete who's just made a complete bonehead move and acted like they can do it since they're a superstar.

Was I a NASCAR fan before this? No. Am I now? Sort of, but still not really. Kyle Busch is the man, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment